10.26.2011

Gili Nanggu

Right after we climbed up the second highest volcano in Indonesia, we went straight down to the beach baby! Got bored of those 3Gili's, I decided to come up with a new Gili which isnt as famous as those 3Gili's but it's better, it's called Gili Nanggu. Located on south west of Lombok, near the harbour, it isnt main tourist destination. It isnt the place where you go out and drink or dance or party like in Gili Terawangan. It's actually a place for those who wants to hideaway from the hush and rush of the city life, this place is like the antonym of Kuta beach Bali or Lombok's Terawangan or Senggigi, a small stranded private island where you can just lay down on the beach alone, stargaze, and ponder just about anything that crosses your mind.

As far as I can remember I think we went offshore with our rented small boat from a small motel called Dolphin Bay, and once we got ashore, I knew that this place was going to be a great restful place! White sandy beach and turquoise clear water welcomed us, we walked to the receptionist and voila! A small brownish Kintamani dog greeted us! (Im not sure about the breed of the dog though, i think it's kintamani but i dunno) The island was very quite and desolate, and we met only a few other tourists. They only has dozens of cottages run by the island owner and one restaurant in that island.

When the sun was setting, I took a walk by myself around the island, but adorably, this dog (Bintang was his name) kept on following me. Well i thought i could use a company. So we walked along the shoreline, as the sun was setting, reflecting both of our shadows, a girl and a dog. Then we found this huge peculiar flat stone and just sat there.

The sun had set, and I walked back to the restaurant and had dinner there. After a while, me and Aby had some fun talks with the chef and the boys who worked there. There was also a young navy who guarded the island and he was soo hillarious! He told me that it was very peaceful there but too boring and he was hoping to be placed somewhere else. But everytime his commander checked him on that island, all the other workers there told the commander that he had been doing a very good job in guarding the island, thus the boss wouldn't think of placing him somewhere else. Poor navy ahahaha.

After chatting with the guys there, I walked around to find Bintang, they told me that usually at this hour Bintang would be lying down alone on the beach. So there I went, to the beach, and I saw this small cute dog lying down alone on the beach. I lied down and put my arms around him, the water kept on tickling my feet as we both stargazed and just set silent, under the moonlight, listening to the night wind breezing. It was one of my most peaceful moment of my life.

The next morning, it was time for SNORKELLING!! I rent the snorkel mask for 30rb and instantly ran to the beach. The weather, the water, everything was perfect sunny day there! The underwater life was soo amazing,  i just snorkelled near the beach but i could see so many vibrantly colourful fish!
the left one is that foolish navy!

Oh we had one funny incident when we were snorkeling!! I was just calmly snorkeling, watching the fishes moving, feeding the fishes, Aby was just peacefuly kayaking offshore, when suddenly I heard a scream from the water "HELP! HELP! HELP!!" and it was my mom!!! A foreign guy was sitting with his family on the beach when he suddenly ran to the water and helped my mom. I really didnt have any idea what was happening to my mom at that time. But the guy kept on telling her "step on! step on!", and my mom kept yelling "HELP ME! HELP ME! IM DROWNING!" then the guy, "YOU CAN STEP ON!!!". *zap* my mom stepped on the sand..................... HAHAHAHAHA HOW COULD SHE DROWN WHEN THE WATER WAS JUST AS HIGH AS HER KNEE!!! I think she was so embarassed but i just couldnt stop laughin!! Plus she had all the people there panicking. What a very embarrassing moment. I pretended that I didnt know her huahahahaha.

So after staying a night there we, we packed our bags and left that small desolated tranquil island. That was just the best beach I've ever been to! No beach can compare, not even gili terawangan or bali or anywhere I've seen. I am definitely coming back there somewhen, and I hope  Bintang still be there :-)


Stay cool as always,
TAMI!

No comments: