10.25.2011

Gunung Bromo

Heiya blogwalkers! Now I'm back to tell my trip to Gunung Bromo in 2010, right after I visited Pulau Sempu. Well in fact, I've been to that volcano for three times yet I never get bored and am still amazed at how stunning it is. Gunung Bromo (Bromo Mount) is located in north of Malang, Probolinggo to be exact. Gunung Bromo is an active volcano, yes it is although it may seem not so threatening but it is. Anyway, I think after 4 times visiting that amazing place it's time for me to share it to the world!

Renting a car from Malang, we went up to Probolinggo, uphill and downhill we went, the sky was getting darker and darker, moreover the air was getting even colder as we got higher. As far as I can remember, we arrived at dawn and it was FREEZING COLD. Yes, you're gonna need a hell of warm clothes, jacket, and gloves if you plan to go to Bromo, though there're gonna be abang2 yang jualan begituan disana, but better prepare so you dont have to spend on things you shouldn't have to. Since I was supersuper tired, i decided to just stay in the hotel. Which wasnt exactly a hotel, it was a 3x3 room with 2 narrow VERY REYOT beds costing us  100ribu (yes for all of us, which means 25ribu each person.... ) but i forgot the name of the hotel, it has the bestview and the best spot though and the oldest hotel there as far as i can remember.

the scenery in front of our hotel!

well uh, we slept like canned sardines

Right after we arrived, Aby and Rio decided to hike through the Pananjakan to see the sunrise up there. I was  fuckin tired, its cold, and i've done that before so i wasnt crazy enough to follow them and i chose to stay in bed until morning came. I've seen the sunrise before in Pananjakan, and to get there you must wake up at around 3 and then you either hike or rent a jeep which cost you 600ribu vice versa or an ojek but i dont know how much it cost. I would definetly recommend you to rent a motorbike or share jeep with other tourist, although it may cost more, but walking at dawn in the dark in that freezing cold air without any preparation of warm clothes can be very dangerous. As what happenned to two of my friends, Rio got hypothermia cause he wore jeans and it was wet to dews -_- IF you have prepared everything enough then i think it will be safe to walk up there, but if you're not then you better rent.

View of sunrise from Pananjakan

Once i woke up in the morning at around 8 or 9, I decided to go to the crater of Bromo. I went up there alone since Rio and Aby werent back yet and my mom was tired. I rent an ojek to get me down to the sea of sand( I dunno the exact name of it but thats how i always name it), and then i walked up (there's an option to ride on horseback as well you can bargain it until 25rb i think) and climbed that hundreds of stairs -_- it was super tiring but the scenery? Worth all the energies. Bromo indeed is always one of my favourite destination :-) So after quite a time contemplating about life on top of that stunning mountain with breathtaking scenery *wussah* i decided to step down down down back to the sea of sand, back to abang ojek who took me back to my hotel. I gave him 90 for taking me up, waiting for me, and taking me back to the hotel. 

It was the fourth time for me, but it always feels like the first time and that's Bromo.
 
(Abaikan tiga foto terakhir. Apalagi foto yang terakhir...)
All photos are taken by myself and you should ask my permission first to use it or smth.

Stay cool as always!
Tami

4 comments:

Azarine Kyla Arinta said...

bangsattt dah bagus bagus foto terakhirnya bikin rusak

Utami Sandyarani said...

cos tak dapat dipungkiri bahwa foto terakhir adalah salah satu bagian dari keindahan gunung bromo

Beauty of Bromo said...

All picture about Bromo, so excellent :D , boleh di share g gan ?? :)

Utami Sandyarani said...

silahkan :) mungkin bisa disertai link ke blog ini hehe. makasih yaa